The call center industry is blossoming with each passing moment because of the growing necessity of delivering exceptional customer experience and supporting your prospective customers to complete the sales cycle. All businesses have started setting up an in-house call center as provisioning a call center solution has become really easy and affordable nowadays. One of the most popular models to set up a customer care department with this solution is by using a rental solution from a hosted service provider. To cater to this huge market of businesses, which are ready to pay for call center software and technical support, a reliable call center with billing is required.
In this blog post, we will explore more about this revenue generating opportunity for serial entrepreneurs along with digging down to learn the best practices to identify the best call center with billing.
- What is a call center solution with billing?
- Who can use a call center with an integrated billing system?
- How to find the best call center software with integrated billing solution?
- Concluding notes
So, without any further ado, let’s explore each of these points in detail.
1. What is a call center solution with billing?
We are all aware of the call center software, which is a complete communication system for any business. With its power packed features, this software augments the complete customer journey and sales cycle and increases returns over investment (ROI) along with building a strong brand.
A call center system that has an integrated call center billing solution is known as a call center with billing system. The billing system for this software will automate the process of keeping the accounts of each customer for their use and bill them for the same by adding their system usage and other charges.
Having an integrated billing system in this solution avoids the need to invest in call center billing integration. The process of integrating the billing system in this solution would require not only additional investment of money, but also time because you need to find the right billing software. This billing system must have all the features that you need to automate billing in your call center business. Furthermore, it has to be compatible with your software for call centers.
2. Who can use a call center with an integrated billing system?
It is necessary to understand who really needs a call center billing system for their call centers because it is not really useful for all call center solution users. If you are using this software to handle customer care, sales, or any other inbound or outbound campaigns, then you might not need a billing system or module with this software. You would be less likely to bill your clients to use your customer care services because it is a value added offering to retain your clients by improving their experience with your business. Even if you bill your clients for support services, the call center billing software in discussion is not a solution to bill clients to receive support.
This call center with billing is a complete solution, which is specifically designed and developed for businesses that use a call center system as a product to offer. That means if you offer a hosted call center solution or call center software as a service, then you need this billing solution along with your contact center software.
The call center billing system is a complete solution that is integrated with the software for call centers to track each user of this software based on his account type, which can be prepaid or postpaid. It also charges clients based on various factors. As it automates the whole process, it is an ideal system required by businesses operating in this industry.
3. How to find the best call center software with integrated billing solution?
If you fall under the category of business owners that need the best call center with billing, then here are the recommendations and best practices to follow to find an ideal solution.
Contact center software has to be multi tenant
A multi tenant call center solution provides a simplified way to run a call center service as software or call center solution as a product business because it has inbuilt functionality of creating tenant accounts. With a single tenant solution, everything is likely to be quite complicated and manual. Thus, the first thing is your solution has to be multi tenant and if it is not, then it is time to get one to make your business more modernized and efficient.
As a contact center solution is the fundamental system to run business over, it is necessary to have the best solution before starting to look for a billing system for call center billing integration. In general, if you are going to buy a call center with a billing system, then it will be a multi tenant call center software solution. However, it is still recommended to check with your provider.
Call center billing solution must support prepaid and postpaid accounts
In any VoIP telephony business or even in the telecommunication business, there are prepaid and postpaid customers. Therefore, it is always a good idea to cater to both of these customer types with your solution and services. Thus, your billing system will also need to have clear provisioning for prepaid and postpaid customers.
The billing system must bill clients based on variable criteria
The postpaid and prepaid account is a static criterion to bill clients in this industry. You would have some specific software usage charges and some fixed costs depending on the package selected by your customers. Along with that, a business owner may have different criteria to bill clients such as:
- Agent seats: This is one of the major factors in billing customers because it also defines the capacity of the software and other resources to be used by your clients. Thus, depending on the number of agent seats to be used by your clients, you can bill them. This number can be completely dynamic, or you may have slots such as a minimum of 5 agent seats and the maximum number is unlimited. You can have further packages for 15, 50, 100 seats, etc. The billing system must have features to bill clients based on is criterion.
- Concurrent lines: The call center billing software must also bill clients based on the number of concurrent lines they use. This number can be different from the number of agent seats, so do not get confused or do not mix it up with each other.
- Feature access: You must have created different packages with different features in each of the packages. Mapping these packages to bill clients based on their access to features should be easier.
- Integrations: Many call centers or businesses need integration of their CRM systems, business platforms, web phones, etc. into the contact center system. There can be a fixed cost that is charged for this integration once or it can be a recurring cost, which your billing system should be able to charge.
- Technical support: Customer support and technical support are two different things. A majority of providers offer customer care as a valued added, complimentary service. However, technical support is always chargeable, and your business must allow your team to provide this required technical support to your clients and bill them based on their usage. This billing has to be automated by your call center billing system.
The system must have automation
It is an obvious feature in your billing system for your multi tenant call center solution, but still, a good factor to check while looking for an ideal system. A majority of operations related to accounting, billing, invoicing, and payment processing should be automated by this system. As much automation is available as much will be speed, efficiency, accuracy, and reliability compared to manual jobs or semi-automated billing.
The system must be highly scalable
A majority of call center service providers use a cloud based call center solution, which is highly scalable and can support the growing needs of clients. Your billing system developed for the multi tenant call center software should also have this facility to promptly support the growing needs of your clients. It has to be highly scalable.
Security is a must thing
Any billing system manages confidential data and sensitive information related to the payment process of clients. Thus, your software must have added security mechanisms to provide a secure billing and payment processing system.
Identifying the best solution with an integrated billing module or solution is necessary for service providers because it makes management of the software easier, cheaper, and more reliable. In addition to that, billing automation provides several added advantages. Thus, get the best cloud based call center solution that has an integrated billing solution with all criteria mentioned in this blog post.
If you are interested in getting a feature rich contact center system that supports multi tenancy and also has an ideal billing system integrated into it, then iCallify is the system you are seeking. Our call center with billing is an award winning system that empowered several businesses and yours can be the next. To learn more about this solution, contact us NOW!