Voice based communication has been instrumental in driving more engagement. Therefore, voice communication has been the foremost mode of communication in all business operations. This has been a driving factor for innovation companies to develop custom communication solutions like voice broadcasting software. It has a pivotal role to play in mass communication, which is a necessary type of communication in any business.
Mass communication helps in reaching out to mass audiences and conveying messages effectively. Mass communication is necessary when a business needs to convey any update, alert, notification, or offer. There are several other utilities and necessities of this type of communication. Moreover, it is a part of routine operations in any business. Therefore, there are several traditional and digitized techniques that have been invented to make mass communication effective. As a result, voice broadcasting software is a popular tool in this space to modernize traditional ways of conveying messages to the masses.
This topic is extremely interesting for any business because it makes an important form of communication more effective and efficient. Therefore, give complete attention to all vital points discussed in this blog post.
1. Evolution of Mass Communication
Mass communication has been in existence for a long time, even in ancient times. Kings and queens used to send their human messengers who used to use horns to make announcements. Gradually, technologies and innovations took place to bring innovative channels and tools for mass announcements.
Lately, users have been using auto announcements, ads on the wheel, billboards, flier distribution, and similar options to make announcements. All these communication channels had several issues and challenges such as:
- Slow: These ways of mass communication were slow in reaching mass audiences.
- No targeting: Many of these methods of mass communication did not have any options to target specific audiences. To blast a message, traditional methods are used in one way or another. However, they cannot target the audience.
- Lack of analytics: It was very difficult to gauge the success or effectiveness of these mass communication campaigns because there was a clear lack of analytics and data.
Thanks to technology, more reliable and advanced tools for mass communication are being introduced. SMS marketing, voice broadcasting, and several other tools are now part of this industry to convey messages effectively to mass audiences. Moreover, these tools can also gauge the success and failure of campaigns by generating analytics. In addition to that, these tools provide several advanced features to make mass communication more effective for businesses.
2. Role of Audio Broadcasting in Mass Communication
Out of all available digitized channels for mass communication, voice aka call broadcasting or voice broadcasting is the most effective way to convey any message. Voice is instrumental in bringing better engagement and effectiveness in any mass communication campaign. People might open an SMS or email, but not read it. However, the majority of calls are attended, and messages are heard by people. The voice blast software or a broadcasting solution will effectively send a voice message to a mass audience with the desired speed and efficiency. This tool has a role to play in all business jobs, from marketing to sales, customer care, lead nurturing, and more. The Role of a Call Broadcasting Solution in Customer Care. Learn how it helps in leveling up your customer experience with effective means of communication.
3. Understanding Voice Broadcasting
Voice broadcasting is also known as call broadcasting because it sends a call to the targeted audience to play a predefined message. To understand this phenomenon better, let’s first understand the tool used for broadcasting
3.1 What is a Voice Broadcasting solution?
It is a software solution with tailored features to manage and evaluate all broadcasting campaigns. The software lets you select the targeted audience contacts to send the broadcasting message. Once the message is broadcast, all targeted customers will receive an incoming call. Once the call is received, a predefined voice message is played. This voice message can be a simple playback of the message. On the other hand, an advanced version of this software can ask for feedback or review from the client by playing a key on the dial pad. There are several amazing features available in this software, which makes mass communication more effective and engaging.
3.2 Must have Features in the Voice Broadcasting Software
Different call broadcasting solutions can have different features. However, some features are extremely important to have in this software:
- Voice broadcasting campaign scheduling
- Contact management
- Contact grouping
- Multi-campaign management
- Personalization of message
- Voice prompt recording
- Upload voice message file
- Multiple retries on failure
- Reports and analytics
- Real time monitoring
4. Major Types of Audio Broadcasting Solution
There are different types of call broadcasting solutions available in the market depending on different criteria. The most popular criterion for segmenting this solution is based on the licensing scheme.
4.1 Proprietary Solution
It is an enterprise solution offered by third party providers. You will need to buy a license. Depending on various factors, a provider will define multiple licenses and plans to acquire the software and different features. They also provide some advanced features like CRM integration to personalize voice broadcasting campaigns.
4.2 Voice Broadcasting Software Open Source Solution
The open source solution is available for free. It comes under GPL or GNU licensing. You don’t need to buy the license or software. Therefore, it is a more cost effective solution. This software is managed and maintained by a community. Thus, you might not find direct services from the provider. On the other hand, you can use services from a company or freelancer. Even if the community offers services, these services will be expensive in several cases.
Proprietary vs. Open Source Solutions
Both voice broadcasting software open source and proprietary solutions have their own benefits and drawbacks. Let’s understand three major factors:
- Cost: Open source solution is available for free. Moreover, it also provides access to the code. Thus, white labeling of the software is possible and that is for free. Proprietary software needs you to pay a certain license fee. Furthermore, it does not give access to the source code, so white labeling is not possible directly. Access to the code and white labeling of software will cost additionally.
- Advancements: Open source solutions often lack advanced features because they are managed by communities. On the other hand, proprietary solutions provide advanced features and frequent version releases with further advancements.
- Security: Proprietary broadcasting solutions are way more secure compared to open source ones. Code and vulnerabilities of open source solutions are open to all. Therefore, they are prone to security attacks. Proprietary solutions are secure because providers add security tools to add added protection.
5. Major Advantages of Call Broadcasting Solution
There are several advantages of using voice blast software. Let’s explore the major ones.
- Speedy: It is way too fast compared to several other mass communication options.
- Better targeting: It helps in creating groups of contact and sends voice messages as per marketing or sales targeted to yield better results.
- Better engagement: It provides better engagement along with a better reach rate, which makes mass communication campaigns more effective.
- Scalable: Whether you want to send 100 messages or 100,000 messages, it is possible with an effective audio broadcasting solution. This software is highly scalable. Moreover, it is instantly scalable.
- Personalized: Depending on your business needs, it is possible to personalize this software. Moreover, depending on business needs messages are also personalized to meet impress customers.
- Data analytics: Voice broadcasting campaigns generate insightful data and reports that can help in redefining marketing and sales strategies.
- Value over money: Compared to other mass communication tools, voice broadcasting is way too cheap. It provides excellent returns, which increases value over money.
6. Future of Mass Communication
Voice broadcasting is definitely the future of mass communication. The tool for broadcasting is effective due to the amazing features they have. Therefore, voice broadcasting is going to be more popular among customers and users. To make this tool future-proof, the software providers will add trending technologies to this software. AI, ML, predictive technology, and similar technologies are going to add more value to this software.
Several amazing benefits are definitive with the broadcasting software. For example, predicting more engaging hours to run voice broadcasting campaigns and adding automation to save resources.
Voice broadcasting is an important means of mass communication. Moreover, these campaigns of sending messages to the masses are traceable. These tools generate insightful reports. Therefore, all campaigns help boost performance, improve efficiency, reach out to the targeted audience, and leverage several other advantages.
iCallify offers one of the most powerful communication tools, including a voice broadcasting solution. This software offers advanced features and augmented functionality to empower all mass communication campaigns. To learn more about this software, contact us.